- To uplift and preserve the professional standard, values and freedom of the members of YANDA.
- To carry out academic activities that increase the knowledge and skills of the yoga and Naturopathic l doctors working in the kingdom.
- To increase awareness among the people on different issues of health as well as to work for any programmes that can improve the health status of the people.
- to provide holistic and alternative health service
There is a Central Office of the association in Kathmandu
- To achieve balance between two often conflicting mandate; to protect the public by maintaining and enforcing standards of training and ethics in the profession
- To safeguard the legimate professional interest; to promote the spirit of harmony and cooperation among individual members.
- To encourage members to maintain the high standard of professional conduct, to give the health of the patient the first consideration.
- To encourage research and studies to acquisite the knowledge of medical and allied science by all possible means, e.g. publication of Association Journal, other publications, establishment of medical libraries, holding of symposia, seminars and conferences
- To help on making education and training of a yogic and Naturopathic personal in Nepal of a high and international standard
- To give encouragement and help in the endeavour to develop and extend the provisions of curative and preventive medical facilities
- To always be willing to offer its services and cooperation to the Govt. to help the Govt. in abolishing quackery from medical practice in Nepal
- To work to spread among the people the knowledge of the laws of health, hygiene and cleanliness
- To also perform any other function or duties to improve the health of the nation